- The manuscript not conforming to the instructions for authors may be returned.
- All the authors are required to sign the Ethics and Malpractice Statement (all signatures taken on the same document) that will be submitted in the scanned form along with the manuscript. The Statement of Ethics and Malpractice are available on the journal site https://jesi.astr.ro.
- The following types of papers may be accepted for publication in JESI: – Original research; Review papers; – Technical notes; – Short Communications.
- Original research and Short Communications should include the sections:
Introduction, with a literature survey or a brief summary of the obtained results concerning the topic of the paper.
Materials and methods, provide sufficient details to give the possibility that the experiments could be reproduced by another researcher.
Theory section, should contain the theoretical basis of the paper, possibly just calculations as a practical development from a theoretical basis.
Results and discussions, should be clear and concise, referring to the significance of the results obtained in the research.
Conclusions, should contain a short presentation of the main findings of the study.
- Review papers should provide a comprehensive state-of-the-art and a perspective on the approached topic.
- Technical report describes the process or the results, as well as the state of the technical or scientific research. It might include recommendations and conclusions of the research.
- When submitting the paper, the authors must indicate the topic (A; B; C; D; E; F; G and H) and the type of the paper sent for publication (original, review, technical notes, short communication).
- Language: Papers will be published in either American or British English.
The paper should be written on standard A4 sheets, with 40 mm (left-right) and 48.5 mm (top-bottom) margins.
Title of the paper: bold, centered, font Times New Roman 14 pts., typed in bold 8 lines down from top margin. Enter one clear line after title.
Author(s) last and first name (complete, without title or profession): all caps, bold, centered, font TNR, 11 pts. Enter one clear line after authors.
Affiliation: italics, centered, font Times New Roman, 10 pts. Provide the full postal address of affiliation, including the country name. Enter one clear line after affiliation.
Corresponding author. Clearly indicate who will handle correspondence at all stages of refereeing and publication, also post-publication, as a foot note. Ensure that the e-mail address is provided in addition to the complete postal address.
Abstract: The abstract should contain 100 – 150 words, font TNR, 10 pts, justified. Enter one clear line after abstract.
Keywords: 3-6 keywords, font Times New Roman, 10 pts, left aligned. Enter one clear line after keywords.
Chapter titles: bold, left aligned, font Times New Roman, 11 pts. numbered in Arabs. Enter one clear line after title.
Subtitles: decimal numbering (i.e. 1.1., 1.2., 1.3.) left aligned, bold, TNR, 11 pts. Sub subtitles: decimal numbering (i.e. 1.1.1., 1.1.2., 1.1.3.) left aligned, italic, TNR, 10 pts. Enter one clear line after subtitles and sub subtitles.
Paragraphs should be typed with no indentation, in TNR, 11 pts., single spaced, justified.
Figures: included in text, numbered in Arabs. Each figure should have a caption placed below the picture, centered, TNR 9 pts. Use high quality pictures and drawings. All ﬁgures must be cited in text and numbered consecutively. Example: Fig. 1, Fig. 2 etc.
Tables: included in text, numbered in Arabs. Each table should have a caption placed above the table, centered, TNR 9 pts. Example: Table 1. All tables must be cited in text and numbered consecutively throughout the paper. Enter one clear line after tables.
Equations: centered, numbered in brackets ( ). Equation editor: Normal: 11 pt; Subscript/superscript: 7 pt; Sub-subscript: 5 pt; Symbol: 17 pt; Sub-symbol: 11 pt. All equations should be numbered consecutively throughout the paper.
Notations, on the second page of the paper.
References: References should be numbered consecutively (numerals in square brackets) throughout the text. References should be listed in order of citation, at the end of the paper, after one clear line, numbered in square brackets [ ] in TNR 9 pts. Standard citations for books , journal published papers , “Proceedings” published papers , patents , are as follows:
 Petrescu S., Treatise on Thermal Engineering, AGIR, Bucharest, 2011.
 Zhang T. – Y., Liu G., Wang Y., Tong P., Application of the concepts of fracture mechanics to the failure of conductive cracks in piezoelectric ceramics, Eng. Fracture Mech., 74, 2007, p. 1160-1173.
 Ionescu G., Popescu I., A general mixed-mode brittle fracture criterion for cracked materials, Proceedings of the VII-th International Conference, München, Germany, 2005, p. 258-269.
 Johnson J., U.S. Patent 10, 143, 620, 1998.
For other types of publications, where there is doubt include all bibliographical details.
Web references: As a minimum, the full URL should be given. It is indicated to include the date when the reference was last accessed.
Acknowledgements: Introduce acknowledgements at the end of the paper before the references. List those who provided help during the research, list funding sources. If not funding has been provided specify this.